Your Family Plumber
Leak Detection In Orange County
Detecting and Fixing Leaks Since 1969
If you suspect a leak somewhere in your plumbing system, you need experienced plumbers at your door in a hurry. Our team of licensed plumbers at Tom Moffett Plumbing has been providing top-quality plumbing services to homes throughout Orange County for over 50 years, and we are ready to help get your plumbing system back to tip-top shape.
Signs You Have a Leak
Your home’s plumbing is extensive, making it challenging to spot small leaks before they turn into bigger problems like burst pipes or severe water damage. That is why it is crucial to look for warning signals of a leak and call our experienced plumbers at the first sign of trouble.
6 signs of a water leak:
- An unexplained hike in your water bill: For most homeowners, water bills stay fairly consistent from month to month. However, if you notice a drastic increase in your bill, without an increase in your consumption, it is a clear indication of a leak.
- Wet spots in your wall, ceiling, or floor: If you feel a squish walking across your carpet, or notice a damp circle on your ceiling or wall, it means you have a leak that is causing water to soak through the structure of your home.
- Mold: When not spotted and fixed right away, wet spots can quickly turn into opportunities for mold and mildew growth. These growths can have consequences not just to the structural integrity of your space, but also health effects to those exposed.
- Musty odors: Mold doesn’t need to be visible to wreak havoc. If you smell musty or dank odors, it could be a sign that stagnant water has settled in your home, causing mold or mildew.
- Low water pressure: While low water pressure is never a good sign, it is, unfortunately, the least cut and dry of the signals. That is because this signal can also indicate water line issues, valve problems, or mineral buildup, in addition to a potential leak.
- Hearing running water: Running or rushing water noises when none of your faucets or appliances are on indicates a leak, and one that is significantly bigger than the occasional drip, drip.
Call Orange County’s #1 Plumber
As a local and family-owned business, Tom Moffett Plumbing is committed to being our neighbor’s #1 choice when a plumbing problem occurs. We do this through unparalleled workmanship and honest, friendly, and high-quality customer service. Don’t just take our word for it though, check out the 5-star reviews of our 5-star service.
We understand leaks in your plumbing can be a nerve-wracking experience, and you might not be comfortable waiting for help. This is why our professional plumbers are on-call 24/7, so you can get the emergency service you need exactly when you need it. See for yourself why thousands of happy homeowners continue to choose Tom Moffett Plumbing for all their plumbing needs.